My Photo
Name:
Location: providence, Rhode Island, United States

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 17, 2005

A Hotbed of Action

I have been knitting things and deciding that they just weren't meant to be. Also, I've been spending way too much money on yarn and books. I am for champs.

pixx0rz:
soft soft alpaca

turns into armwarmers (Avril needs boats, Lucy needs warmth)


I made a spiderweb capelet from Stich n Bitch Nation, but I don't really think that I like the way it looks with this yarn. It's kind of hard to see in these pictures (thank you, poorly-lit room). Suggestions?


I started making some legwarmers on the bus awhile ago, but I ended up with too little yarn.

Hopefully, this weekend's bus rides will provide an opportunity to redo them.

Also exciting is this yarn:

It is neat.

Two more failed experiments:

I ran out of yarn for the black one, and the green one is too small. I have another hat awaiting felting in my bag, so hopefully that will turn out ok. Bot boop.

Labels:

Comments on "A Hotbed of Action"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:09 PM) : 

Could you make a mexican wrestling mask of yarn?

 

Blogger lucy said ... (9:57 PM) : 

well, john curley, i'd like to believe that i could.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:03 AM) : 

does "capelet" actually mean "device to make black shirt into excellent command-division starfleet uniform circa 2376"

-ig

 

Blogger lucy said ... (12:31 PM) : 

MAYBE.

MAYBE YOU COULD HOOK ME UP WITH SOME PIXX0RZ AND I CAN SEE WHAT I CAN DO, DOGG.

MAYBE I CAN KNIT YOU A SPACESHIP OR WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU NERDS LIKE.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:26 AM) : 

compare: the pic of you in your capelet over a black shirt, and captain janeway's uniform

-ig

 

Blogger lucy said ... (12:42 PM) : 

but i don't have that wonderful expression! you do realize that this makes me want to start watching star trek (and knitting costume pieces), don't you?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (5:05 AM) : 

home mortgages

 

post a comment